“To God be the Glory, great things He hath done…”
My spirit is singing these words loud and clear!
However, saying “yes” to a book in one’s belly is not for sissies. Writing then rewriting ad infinitum, then editing and reediting and reediting again seemed endless. But thankfully Jehovah Raah’s cheers (raah, raah, raah!) kept this old lady going. What a relief to know the Lord as the Author and Finisher and me as His scribe. Then came the glorious day. . .
Pinch me, graphic designer Naphy! Are we really across the finish line? Twice we thought we were there, then the finish line moved! But the third time this mother-daughter team submitted the manuscript to www.Createspace.com was a win. Thank You, Lord!
You’ll meet some new participants in this book:
- Meet Pastor Don Needham from Woodmen Valley Chapel in Colorado Springs, CO. He wrote the preface, but more than that he was my go-to when I needed theological counsel. David and I met Don on a Joni and Friends Wheels for the World mission trip to Rio de Janeiro in 2010. Delighted were we to discover a shared love for the Old Testament Hebrew names of God!
- Meet Mia Moreing Russell, an artist who granted permission to share her names of God art. Her drawings were inspired as she learned to know God more deeply through my Living in the Names of God chapter book. After each chapter, she drew a tribute to His name. Enjoy her black and white pictures in the new Bible Study book, but be sure to also go to her coming soon website: www.miarussellartist.com to see what she sketched and painted in vibrant colors.
- Meet Amy Mayfield, a retired textbook editor who now has a booming pet-sitting business in southwest Oregon. She’s Auntie Amy to our two dachsies, Joshua Gunther von Squier III and Gretel Grace I. She kept busy this winter doing an in-depth content edit and then a proofread while holding Gretel Grace on her lap and kicking tennis balls for our addicted-to-fetching Mr. Gunther.
Used in conjunction with the Living in the Names of God chapter book, this companion Bible Study will take you beyond my personal experiences with God into the lives of biblical characters and – even better – into your own life. As you honestly and prayerfully work through the questions, you will discover God’s involvement in your life in ways you never realized before.
The lessons are designed for individual and/or group study and are appropriate for the following:
- Inquirers: those who are experiencing a curiosity about God
- Seekers: those who sense God tugging at their heart
- Finders: those who welcome names to ascribe to the God they love
Along with the new book I am always available to speak (truly I am a speaker first, then a writer). I have given Names of God talks in several churches already and just this weekend conducted the first Living in the Names of God Ladies Retreat (men would have enjoyed it too). Together we chronicled our spiritual journeys by identifying which names of God met us along the way.
My prayer is that learning to know God on a first-name basis will ignite an ever-deepening love affair between you and the One whose grandeur requires oh-so-many names. Now let your God hunt begin: Let those on the hunt for You – sing and celebrate. (Psalm 70:4 MSG)
So without further ado – here is my new book!